Beginning in early 1999, eight coach training institutions ~
- Coach U (Pamela Richarde),
- Academy for Coach Training (Fran Fisher),
- Coach for Life (Peter Reding),
- The Coaches Training Institute (Laura Whitworth),
- The Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara (Frederic M. Hudson),
- Newfield Network-USA (Terrie Lupberger),
- New Ventures West (Pam Weiss), and
- Success Unlimited Network (Teri-E Belf)
~ met monthly by phone conferencing to develop and build bridges with each other; to share literature and practices; to explore ways to develop coaching knowledge and skills; and to identify standards appropriate for approved training programs. This work was foundational to the competencies of coaching that exist today and inspired further collaboration in an emerging profession.
On May 31, 2000 a meeting was held at The Coaches Training Institute’s headquarters in San Rafael, CA. Present were Frederic Hudson Laura Whitworth, Peter Reding, Pam Weiss, Pamela Richarde, Fran Fisher, and Teri-E Belf. The meeting was to discuss ongoing collaboration and stewardship of coach training and the related competencies. A result of this meeting was a designed alliance that became “The Association of Coach Training Organizations”, a non-profit corporation that supports and upholds the standards of Coaching Education.
|inviteChange(formerly Academy for Coach Training)||CTI: Coaching Training Institute|
|Coach For Life||Coach U|
|The Hudson Instituteof Santa Barbara||New Ventures West|
|Newfield Network||Success Unlimited Network|