I. ACTO Mission Statement
The Association of Coach Training Organizations is the steward of high quality coach education and training.
We continue to explore, challenge and support the evolution of quality coach training. We support coaching as both a profession and as a skill, and advocate for the art and science of coaching and coach education and training. We do this by:
- Sharing best practices
- Promoting high education and training quality standards
- Defining the body of knowledge
- Stimulating innovation
- Evoking excellence
- Advocating for our students and graduates
- Influencing the direction of coach credentialing
- Licensure and training program accreditation to promote alignment with high standards of quality
- Enhancing consumer confidence in coaching.
ACTO members are guided by a set of core values which are common to the coach training we provide. These values are foundational to our Code of Ethics. As a member of ACTO, we all abide by the ACTO Core Values and the ACTO Code of Ethics.
II. ACTO Vision
We are the premier global voice for coach education and training organizations
III. ACTO Core Values
- Intellectual Property
- Stakeholder awareness
- Employ ICF Core Competencies to standards of behavior when serving or
“Coopetition” – ACTO’s unique word for cooperation and competition
- Collaborate among programs’ best practice in service of cultivating standards of
excellence across the global coaching community. Bring the notion of
‘coopetition’ (commitment of collaboration that transcends competition) to life as
we work across organizations and methodologies for the sake of the whole.
- Global mindset for coach education
- Respect the diverse culture, customs, and methodologies of member schools
- Multiple credential entities contribute to the legitimacy of coach education
- Coach education is relevant and accessible to everyone on the planet
- Joy is foundational to ACTO work
- Community of learners as members
These Core Values should be useful in interpreting guidance for making
IV. ACTO Code of Ethics
- Embody and fully live the ACTO core values in all behaviors and activities of our individual schools.
- Use our teaching and coaching expertise to realize ACTO’s mission while respecting the individual nature of each member.
- Conduct all of our teaching, coaching, and education which align with the ACTO values, encouraging and fostering high ethical standards as an example to other ACTO members, and our students.
- Promote recognition and respect for all member schools that benefit the world coach education community.
- Offer best practices to provide information for member schools to engage in continuous improvement for the sake of all.
- Honor the trust that member schools have with one another and not do anything that will bring disfavor or reflect adversely on other schools.
- Not seek privilege or advantage from other member schools to advance our own school. Members will offer full attribution for any and all Intellectual Property that is used from other schools.
- Teach Coaching and Ethics in all coach education curricula in a manner that allows our students to know what to do in the event of ethical challenges.
- Abide by the International Coach Federation Code of Ethics and Ethics Pledge.
V. ACTO Bylaws